[Snort-users] running 2 instances of snort under Demarc

Steven Williams Steven.Williams at ...4864...
Sun May 19 18:50:03 EDT 2002

I am using a W2K Demarc console and mysql, running sensors with multiple
nics.

If you are purely after the IDS features of Demarc, I found multiple
instances of running snort much more controllable than using multiple
instances of the Demarc client. Of course I lost the management features out
of Demarc such as the centralised Snort.conf managementment, but using
Demarc purely for reporting suits me fine.

I found the guides written by the Silicon Defense guys really good for
building the Snort servers.

Steve

---
This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.  If you
receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately.  Please also
disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies immediately.
Computershare Limited and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views
expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be
transmitted with this email

This email is also subject to copyright.  No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or
transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.