[Snort-users] barnyard status?

Michael Scheidell scheidell at ...5171...
Sun May 19 15:01:04 EDT 2002

I posted a bunch of patches to barnyard (fixed ordering for ip addresses,
fflush() for fast.alert) and also noticed in surgeforge 'patches' a still
unapplied patch to fix cmdline args (-D option tried to take an option and
shouldn't)

I posted to barnyard-users a list of patches to fix these a month ago, but
also no reply, and not applied yet.

The current cvs tends to mix up ip ordering (if I use snort 1.8.x) and is
missing the required patch for snort 1.8.x

A did receive email back about the ip ordering problem, but as of a month
later, these patches have not been applied to barnyard cvs (best I can
tell).

is barnyard dead? Am I looking in wrong place to do cvsup for it?

:pserver:anonymous at cvs.barnyard.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/barnyard

is there a -CURRENT branch that is newer?

--
Michael Scheidell
SECNAP Network Security, LLC