[Snort-users] running 2 instances of snort under Demarc

SkatFiend at ...661... SkatFiend at ...661...
Fri May 17 12:19:03 EDT 2002

OK ok ooookkkk, I know this is the snort user list but a lot of folks here
use Demarc also and I realy need an answer to this if anyone can help.

OK, running Demarc v1.6 in a Win2K platform. If I have a multi-homed box with
2 NIC cards running the Demarc v1.6 server with a local MySql database can I
run two instances of snort at once so I can sniff each of the interfaces at
the same time???

I know this may not be advisable, and could end up taking a CPU pounding.

Answers are appreciated. Thanks, Cliff