[Snort-users] SNORT newbie looking for some help with Snort on Win2k

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu May 16 07:59:02 EDT 2002

Richard,

Sounds like you have the permissions set incorrectly for the CGI folder.
Make sure that the IUSER has full access to the folder. If you need some
guidance then you can go to our site, there you will find a complete
walk through for Windows and either Snortsnarf or for Acid as your
viewer. Let me know how thing go.

Michael Steele | Support Technician
mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: Richard Roy [mailto:royr at ...5882...]
Sent: May 16, 2002 7:16 AM
To: 'Michael Steele'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] SNORT newbie looking for some help with Snort
on Win2k

I've definately got it logging now, without IDS center.  I have it
logging to MySQL (there were 15 events at last check) but now I can not
get ACID to work at all.  I get a CGI error that "The specified CGI
application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.
The headers it did return are"   But that is it, no headers are there.
It is supposed to be using PHP and the .cgi is mapped the same as .php
which didn't help.  Any thoughts?

[Rich Roy]