[Snort-users] Problem getting Snort to Connect to PostgreSQL database

Roberto Suarez Soto robe at ...3881...
Thu May 16 00:37:02 EDT 2002

On May/14, Brian Hughes wrote:

> It's obvious that I've done something wrong, but was wondering if there
> was somewere I could look to find a few more clues as to why the
> connection to the database is failing?

	You've created the database called "snort" and put the right
parameters (host where postgres is, database to use, password, etc.) in your
config file, haven't you? That's the only thing I can think of that brings
that error :-m

	In case it helps, here's my output line for use with postgres:

output database: log, postgresql, sensor_name=my_sensor user=my_user
	dbname=snortreport password=guess_it host=localhost

	(but only in one line, not two as I've put here)

	Also, maybe you've not configured postgres to listen to TCP/IP
queries, or simply not configured the access to the database :-m Check your
/etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf file for the latter, and both this and
/etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf for the former.

	I think I don't forget anything, but in case I do, just ask :-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto					Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe at ...3881...				     http://www.alfa21.com