[Snort-users] demarc: validate

Devon Harding - GTHLA DHarding at ...5481...
Wed May 15 14:00:02 EDT 2002

Even when the user & group are set to 'nobody' or 'apache' it still displays
the error:

Couldn't open /usr/local/demarc/tmp/snort.conf for writing: Permission
denied

-Devon

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Hill [mailto:rhill at ...2446...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 4:43 PM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] demarc: validate

Devon,

This is a permissions problem.  Most likely, you're webserver doesn't have
permission to execute in this directory.

Give this a shot as root:

chown root.nobody /usr/local/demarc/tmp

where 'nobody' is the group your Apache server is running as.

Regards,

Ryan Hill
Corporate Information Systems
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) - http://www.telecomsys.com