[Snort-users] PureSecure 1.6

Ryan Hill rhill at ...2446...
Wed May 15 13:54:03 EDT 2002

FYI, if you're using the default puresecure install under mySQL, the db name
is IDS, not snort.

mysql -u root -p -h localhost

will test your ability to login to mysql.

mysql -u root -p -h localhost IDS

will test your ability to login to the default Puresecure DB.

Note: I would strongly advise against using your mysql root login to connect
to your IDS system.  It can be used to get you up and running, but take the
time to create seperate logins with access restrictions - the mysql
documentation security reccomendations are well worth the read!

Regards,

Ryan Hill
Corporate Information Systems
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) - http://www.telecomsys.com