[Snort-users] Problem getting Snort to Connect to PostgreSQL database

Brian Hughes hughbria at ...5864...
Wed May 15 08:57:08 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid as I am new to both Snort and
PostgreSQL. I'm running Snort version 1.8.7 beta 2 build 114 and
PostgreSQL 7.2.1-4.  When I attempt to start Snort I get the error
message:

database: Connection to database 'snort' failed
Fatal Error, Quitting..

It's obvious that I've done something wrong, but was wondering if there
was somewere I could look to find a few more clues as to why the
connection to the database is failing?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,
Brian