[Snort-users] SNORT newbie looking for some help with Snort o n Win2k

Slighter, Tim tslighter at ...5174...
Wed May 15 08:24:08 EDT 2002

Lots of weird issues with that IDS center.  Not 100% certain, but seems that
most individuals resort to command line in order to get snort to work on
win2k...at least that is how I managed to get it to function correctly

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Roy [mailto:royr at ...5882...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 8:50 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] SNORT newbie looking for some help with Snort on
Win2k

I set up SNORT using IDSCentre and tested the config using the applet.  I
received no error messages, the SNORT window is minimized and things appear
to work, yet there are no alerts, no log entries, nothing.  I know we are
under hits all the time, my firewall reports blocking them.

Setup:
W2K Pro p3 733.  On a hub with router and firewall external interface.  I
have 64 public IP's and I'd like to scan the range if possible.  I am
including the following.