[Snort-users] Problem getting Snort to Connect to PostgreSQLdatabase

Brian Hughes hughbria at ...5864...
Wed May 15 08:08:03 EDT 2002

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for the reply.  As it turns out I had some extra commas in my
snort.conf file.  Joe McAlerney asked me to send him my output database
line from snort.conf and he noticed that instead of saying "output
database: log, postgresql, dbname=snort user=brian host=localhost
port=5432" mine said "output database: log, postgresql, dbname=snort,
user=brian, host=localhost, port=5432" as soon as I removed the extra
commas all was well.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Brian