[Snort-users] SNORT newbie looking for some help with Snort on Win2k

Richard Roy royr at ...5882...
Wed May 15 07:46:06 EDT 2002

I set up SNORT using IDSCentre and tested the config using the applet.  I
received no error messages, the SNORT window is minimized and things appear
to work, yet there are no alerts, no log entries, nothing.  I know we are
under hits all the time, my firewall reports blocking them.
Setup:
W2K Pro p3 733.  On a hub with router and firewall external interface.  I
have 64 public IP's and I'd like to scan the range if possible.  I am
including the following.