[Snort-users] Snort in a switched environment

counter.spy at ...348... counter.spy at ...348...
Tue May 14 09:51:03 EDT 2002

solution a: port mirroring
drawback: switch performance degration, packet loss at high network
utilization
(full duplex bandwidth sums up to 200Mbit/s max per port)

solution b: see attached picture (may be copied and distributed for non
commercial purposes only)

Hello!

http://www.gmx.net