[Snort-users] Snort loading at startup

Spitzer, Nathan Nathan.Spitzer at ...5841...
Tue May 14 04:24:02 EDT 2002

Ummmm, my psychic abilities have been signifacantly reduced since Dione
Warwick started smoking pot (all I pick up is BAD 70's song lyrics from a
washed-up singer) and my crystal balls in the shop for some new fairy-dust.
How 'bout you help me out by sending the start-up script you used?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Stringer [mailto:TedS at ...5847...]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 4:17 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort loading at startup

Hi,

I am having problems with snort loading at startup.  The system is redhat
7.3 with snort 1.8.3 logging to a local mysql server.  Snort starts just
fine when called from a command line, but when I call it through the startup
script that was on snort.org I get:

Initializing Network Interface eth0
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
parse error
PCAP command start
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?