[Snort-users] Re: Off topic: Thousands of traceroutes ?

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Mon May 13 12:44:03 EDT 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 02:16:45PM -0400, Tudor Panaitescu wrote:

> NOTICE: This e-mail contains confidential and/or proprietary information, some
> or all of which may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named
> recipient. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the e-mail,
> please notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
> recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this
> e-mail, and should immediately delete it from your computer system.
>
> Thank you. *

NOTICE: You have taken *all* the confidential and/or proprietary
information contained in your email, some or all of which may be
legally privileged, and scattered it to the four corners of the
universe by posting it to a *widely* read maillist that is also
archived, and even more widely read, in several places.

If the content of your email was *really* intended for the named
recipient, you blew it, because the "named recipient" is probably
thousands of people.

No addressing or transmission error has mis-directed your email, but I
will suggest to the author that the attached footer is ridiculous, and
that you should know better.

I don't care if I'm not the named recipient of your email, I'm gonna
tell as many people about it as I can, and use, disclose, distribute,
copy, print, and *really really really* rely on your e-mail.

I will *not* immediately delete it; I'm gonna keep it forever and ever
and ever and you can't stop me.

Nya nya nya, neener neener neener...

Better yet, it would be appreciated (by me, at least..) if you (and
all others who do the same thing) could figure out how to transmit
email without that pretentious and over-blown footer attached to your
posts.

I mean, really now, you're posting to a maillist.

That footer is utterly irrelevant.

And, no, thank you. *

- John
--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?