[Snort-users] Off topic: Thousands of traceroutes ?

Spitzer, Nathan Nathan.Spitzer at ...5841...
Mon May 13 10:27:07 EDT 2002

How 'bout a packetdump so we can see what's what?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tudor Panaitescu [mailto:tpanaitescu at ...2032...]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 10:12 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Off topic: Thousands of traceroutes ?

Hello everyone,

I know this is off topic but with all you security guys there I think it
worth a
try.... Please, no flames....

We are experiencing a lot of traceroutes from different IP addresses in the
Internet to the external interfaces of the firewalls, no certain pattern so
far.
Snort sees those traceroutes as UDP traceroutes which is fine. Is anybody
else
experiencing the same ? I can't figure out what is generating this.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Tudor