[Snort-users] ACID slow to bring up packet details - running on W2K with MS-SQL 2000 SP2

Andreas Hasenack andreas at ...1574...
Mon May 13 07:24:02 EDT 2002

Em Fri, May 10, 2002 at 03:28:26PM -0500, Brian Van Benschoten escreveu:
> I've got SNORT and ACID running great on W2K platform.  ACID runs quickly
> except when I click on the "alert ID" link,  This link brings up the raw
> packet information.
>
> It takes at least 15-30 seconds to load the web page.

Check if it is not just trying to resolve the IP against your DNS server.
If that's the problem, most likely the fqdn of that IP fill show up as
"couldn't resolve name" or something like that.