[Snort-users] Off topic: Thousands of traceroutes ?

Tudor Panaitescu tpanaitescu at ...2032...
Mon May 13 07:17:23 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,

I know this is off topic but with all you security guys there I think it worth a
try.... Please, no flames....

We are experiencing a lot of traceroutes from different IP addresses in the
Internet to the external interfaces of the firewalls, no certain pattern so far.
Snort sees those traceroutes as UDP traceroutes which is fine. Is anybody else
experiencing the same ? I can't figure out what is generating this.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Tudor