[Snort-users] Looking for tool to generate isp/domain notification emails....

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Sat May 11 11:58:02 EDT 2002

At 8:17 AM -0500 5/10/02, Kevin Riggins wrote:
>Once upon a time, I seem to remember seeing a tool that would parse
>snort logs, perform the dns/revers/whaterver lookups, generate and
>send and email to the parties concerned about an intrusion attempt.
>Does anybody know where I can get something like this?  I use
>aris.securityfocus.com right now, but it is very time consuming.  I
>could roll my own, but, you know, wheel, reinvent, etcŠ

You might be thinking of SISR, included as part of SnortSnarf.  See:

   http://www.silicondefense.com/software/snortsnarf/readme.sisr.shtml

Hope this helps,

   Jim

--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|