[Snort-users] modprobe error in log...

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Sat May 11 09:00:02 EDT 2002

Ok, can you be a bit less vague about your setup? it's hard to debug system
configuration problems without knowing what kind of system you have. It
sounds like one or more of your network interfaces don't have proper Linux
drivers, but that's an educated guess at this point.

Based on the problem being reported I assume you are running Linux. What
distro? what release?

What kind of network adapter is snort listening on?

Do *all* of your network interfaces work normally? do you have drivers for
all of them? Are you using a custom kernel? what libpcap do you have (ie:
do you have a broken redhat libpcap or a real one?)