[Snort-users] SYN flood detection

Pawel Rogocz pawel at ...5803...
Fri May 10 14:11:03 EDT 2002

Thanks for bringing this up Erek.
Now, I am not sure what the portscan processor really tries to do, if
it only detects scans that are going to different ports.
It will not detect scans going to the same port wheather they go to the
same box or not.
The change to spp_portscan.c is trivial, but as Matt pointed out,
you will have to think what your thresholds should be....

Pawel