[Snort-users] Detecting benchmarks

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Wed May 8 14:15:02 EDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Pawel Rogocz wrote:

> I need to be able to detect when a load generator is used against my site.
> Let's say someone runs Apache Benchmark or a similar tool.
> Which processor should I use ?
> The portscan module does not seem to be picking up these types of
> attacks .... ( at least not in v 1.8.1 )

First things first:  Get to the most current stable version 1.8.6.  1.8.7 is
in the second round of beta testing and is very stable, but not 'released'
yet.

Second:  Define what you really want.  "The portscan module does not seem to
be picking up these types of attacks"--What types of attacks?  From what?