[Snort-users] running a script when a match is found

Lookman Fazal fazall at ...4715...
Tue May 7 08:47:09 EDT 2002

Hello All

I have snort (1.8.3) running on linux.  The linux machine is connected
on the mirror port and monitoring traffic just fine.  For example, when
someone goes to yahoo, it creates a directory with the sender's IP
address in /var/log/snort directory

Now what I want to do is, when it writes the sender's IP address in this
/var/log/snort directory, I want to, at the same time run a script,
which will take the sender's IP address and telnet to my router and add
an access-list to deny this sender. How do I invoke a script in snort
when a pattern matches?

Is there a way to do this?  Any help will be greatly appreciated

--Fazal

PS: Two things which I checked from the mailing list was looking at
portsantry or doing socket programming.

PS: This is in a test environment and i did read on the false positives