AW: [Snort-users] mysql.sock - where?

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Tue May 7 05:58:03 EDT 2002

I had the same prob with redhat. Quoting Dean Thompson:

"I have had this problem before with regards to a combination of programs
compiled from source and others which come in RPM format.  One work-around
solution is to place a symbolic link from /tmp/mysql.sock --->
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.  This should get you up and running in the time
being, but I suspect that RPM has a "pre-defined" location where it expects
find the mysql.sock."

HTH,
Sandro