[Snort-users] Price for "vanilla Snort" (no bells and whistles)

Glenn Larsson ichinin at ...5794...
Mon May 6 16:00:04 EDT 2002

Hi.

The Snort license speaks of snort as free (as in sourcecode) and not
price; i'm wondering - is sourcefire the only current provider of a
commercial snort?

What if i do not need the Management console or hardware or any support
that sourcefire provide, i just the packet driver and the IDS engine.

Is there a "for commercial purposes" version of snort (without the above
stuff) that i could buy or...?!?!?

Anyone have an answer?

Regards,
Glenn

(P.S> No, don't get me wrong, I'm ready to pay for using snort, but
$10000 per sensor is WAY too much for my budget, and i currently have no
use for the extra stuff (hardware+support))