[Snort-users] configuring snort 1.8.x on windows 2000 pro..

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Sat May 4 09:55:02 EDT 2002

Noorulsadiqin,

There are a few sites out there that will explain how to do this. One
site is:

 http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

There you will find out how to install Snort using Acid or Snortsnarf as
an alert viewer. If you are using XP then follow all the directions,
then go to our download page and grab the latest Snort 1.8.7b113 and
exchange the executable only.

Bypass anything in the documentation that has to do with LibnetNT, these
needs to be removed, and will on next Wednesday.

There are a couple of fine viewers out there for windows, but I haven't
tried them, yet.

Michael Steele | Support Technician
mailto:michaels at ...155...