[Snort-users] Snort, MySQL, Acid

Tom Sevy tsevy at ...1701...
Fri May 3 08:08:06 EDT 2002

Did you try a BPF filter?

-----Original Message-----
From: Redman, Ken [mailto:ken.redman at ...5424...]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 10:50 AM
To: Snort Users List (E-mail)
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort, MySQL, Acid

This question is more of a database questions, but it is reliant on the way
Snort populates the data in MySQL.

I have:

MySQL-3.23.49a-1

Snort-1.8.6

Acid-0.9.6b21

Redhat 7.2 with all Bugfixes and security patches up to date.

I have put in a rule to ignore the IP address that I do all my Pen-testing
from. However, 80% of all alerts in MySQL/Acid are from my one IP address.
Therefore I want to remove all instances of those entries from MySQL and
Acid. Is this is possible "How do I do this?" and will I end up corrupting
the MySQL?

Thanks in advance for any light than can be shed on this.

Ken