[Snort-users] Attention Windows Users: Latest Snort 1.87b113 Binaries available - Fixed WinPcap Error

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu May 2 17:38:25 EDT 2002

To all Windows users of Snort:

Please read all the notices below.

NOTICE: Silicon Defense has patched this release to fix a problem with
Snort when using WinPcap v2.3 and the open adapter error (when you do a
"snort -W" the list of adapter's shows ONLY "1" and nothing else). There
is NO official support for this fix. The fix has been submitted to the
CVS tree by Chris Reid but has yet to be added. Any problems, please
directly email me.

The latest 1.8.7b113 binaries have been compiled and are now available
on our site. There are 5 flavors available:

Snort 1.8.7b113 Release
Snort 1.8.7b113 MySQL Release
Snort 1.8.7b113 MySQL/FlexResp Release
Snort 1.8.7b113 FlxResp Release
Snort 1.8.7b113 MSSQL Release

NOTICE: The latest WinPcap has gone gold! Version 2.3
http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/

NOTICE: LibnetNT.dll can be found at:
http://www.securitybugware.org/libnetnt/

NOTICE to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting the RELEASE
versions of Snort 1.7.1, Snort 1.8.1, Snort 1.8.2, 1.8.3, and 1.86 at
this time.

Link to Downloads:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

Link to Documentation: