[Snort-users] Automating Snort on W2k using WinAt

Andrew.Zielinski at ...1252... Andrew.Zielinski at ...1252...
Thu May 2 13:24:26 EDT 2002

Brian,
     Not sure if this will help, but I use a scheduling program called JIT.
It does allow you to kill a proccess after a certain period of time.
Originally this program was free, with the latest release there is a very
reasonable fee. You can find it at.

http://gibinsoft.net/hp/polyakoff/

Andrew Zielinski

                    Brian Ertel
                    <bsertel at ...4207...>                To:     "'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'"
                    Sent by:                             <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                    snort-users-admin at ...635...        cc:
                    eforge.net                           Subject:     [Snort-users] Automating Snort on W2k
                                                         using WinAt

                    05/02/2002 03:28 PM

This is a re-phrasing of a question that went unanswered.
Using WinAt I want to automate the starting and stopping
of snort.  I use the snort -de -l c:\inetpub\wwwroot\logs -c snort.conf
command to start snort.  Usually I manually
stop snort for ending the process in the
Task Manager, however that will obviously
not be a viable option in the automatic process.
I am using WinAt and a .bat file to start snort at 12:00am
every day with the above command.  What command can
I write in a .bat file in order to automatically stop snort before
12am everyday using WinAt and a .bat file?

Thank you,

Brian

Brian Ertel
Systems & Networking