[Snort-users] Automating Snort on W2k using WinAt

Brian Ertel bsertel at ...4207...
Thu May 2 12:29:04 EDT 2002

This is a re-phrasing of a question that went unanswered.
Using WinAt I want to automate the starting and stopping
of snort.  I use the snort -de -l c:\inetpub\wwwroot\logs -c snort.conf
command to start snort.  Usually I manually
stop snort for ending the process in the
Task Manager, however that will obviously
not be a viable option in the automatic process.
I am using WinAt and a .bat file to start snort at 12:00am
every day with the above command.  What command can
I write in a .bat file in order to automatically stop snort before
12am everyday using WinAt and a .bat file?

Thank you,

Brian

Brian Ertel
Systems & Networking