[Snort-users] Alerting from Snort -- NOT HOW-TO, but what....

Tom Sevy tsevy at ...1701...
Thu May 2 09:29:24 EDT 2002

I am not asking how to alert from snort.

But rather, if anyone has setup alerting (pager, for example) from snort,
how did you go about determining what you wanted to be alerted on?

My management has asked a couple of times, and I have (somewhat
insubordinately) said absolutely not due to the sheer number of alerts that
are logged by snort.

If there is anyone that has done this, I would be very interested in hearing
from you.

Tom Sevy
EPX, Inc.