[Snort-users] snortconf via web

Christophe Sahut christophe.sahut at ...5412...
Thu May 2 01:51:08 EDT 2002

'lo

You can use webmin and the snort webmin module to configure your snort box,
if you want to click... I think ssh and vi is more usefull, but maybe you
don't want an sshd :)

Webmin : http://www.webmin.com/
Snort Webmin module : http://msbnetworks.net/snort/

Hope it helps

Christophe SAHUT
CNCIS
Telindus France

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Erek Adams [mailto:erek at ...577...]
Envoyé : jeudi 2 mai 2002 10:25
À : Mr. F Phat's
Cc : snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [Snort-users] snortconf via web

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Mr. F Phat's wrote:

>  anyone can tell me where i can find some program that can simply set
> snort.conf via web

No.  No such beast exists to my knowledge.

What's wrong with using vi?  The .conf file is very well commented, and
takes
very little to get up and running.

If it's confusing or difficult, then I suggest having a look at the snort
docs
page at http://www.snort.org/documentation.html and the FAQ at
http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html .

Hope this helps!