[Snort-users] Snort 1.8 Win32

Ernesto T. Negron enegron at ...468...
Wed May 1 07:47:10 EDT 2002

I have installed WinPcap 2.3 on a Windows NT 4.0 Server with SP6a.  I tried
to test snort using the following command: snort -v -i1 and I get the
following error message:

Error OpenPcap( ) device open:
Error opening adapter Fatal Error, Quitting....

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Ernesto T. Negron
Senior IT Consultant
MCSE, Network+
The Net House, Inc.
2040 Foster Drive
Cumming, Georgia 30040
Direct: 770-633-6813
Email: enegron at ...5747...
Http://www.thenethouse.com

individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee, you should not use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this email. If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender by email immediately and delete
this email from your system. Email messages can be intercepted, corrupted,
lost or contain viruses. The sender does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the contents of this message which arise during email
transmission.