[Snort-users] Errors when initiating my sensors.

Vadim Pushkin wiskbroom at ...125...
Wed May 1 07:45:06 EDT 2002

obsd30# May  1 10:33:06 snort1 snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR: OpenPcap() device
eth1
open:   /dev/bpf8: Device not configured
May  1 10:33:06 snort1 snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR: OpenPcap() device eth1
open:
/dev/bpf8: Device not configured

The above is an error that I get when I try to startup snort on a box
with five sensors. I just upgraded from 1.8.3 to 1.8.6 and I did not
have this problem under 1.8.3. Any ideas as to what is missing and
or broken?

I am running on OpenBSD 3.0 and pushing data to a MySQL server, both
mysql and openbsd boxes have been upgraded.

Thank you all,

-vadim

Vadim (Ukranian Stallion) Pushkin