[Snort-users] Logging to Remote syslog server

Madziarczyk, Jonathan than at ...3657...
Sun Mar 31 17:51:02 EST 2002

If you can't do it with the regular syslogd (I thought in some os' you could
just specify an IP address and "localx" as a location) there's a product
called syslog-ng that will replace syslogd and it sounds like it will do
what you want.
http://www.balabit.hu/en/downloads/syslog-ng/

They're mailing list is pretty active as well so troubleshooting shouldn't
be a problem.

Hope this helps,
JonM

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Magee [mailto:tmagee at ...5442...]
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 5:45 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Logging to Remote syslog server

Hi All,

   Just trying to find a way to log to a remote syslog server WITHOUT using
the local syslog server as a forward.... Can this even be done? I haven't
found and info on this becides logging to the local syslog server and then
having that write to the remote server...
Any help would be great....  Thanx.

Terry