[Snort-users] Re: Swatch like program for windows

Tom Sevy tsevy at ...1701...
Sat Mar 30 05:50:05 EST 2002

Check out the kiwi syslog daemon for win32 at http://www.kiwisyslog.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 4:31 PM
To: 'Raymond Jacob'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Re: Swatch like program for windows

Ray,

Snort will send alerts to MS Syslog. What I'm looking for is for
something that will operate like Swatch and send predefined alerts to
Email using a SMTP server, and hopefully run as a service. A perl script
would work, because I thing perl scripts can be compiled to executables
on Windows (not real sure, but I seem to have read something on this).

I have received a crud way to do this but it's not for the average
inexperienced user. I will post it on our site and leave a link here or
anyone can email me and I will pass it along.  Hopefully we will get
something that is very simple to use. If I receive anything else I will
pass it along to everyone.

Thanks to everyone that is helping.

Thanks,

-Michael Steele - michaels at ...155...