[Snort-users] Xp and Snort

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Fri Mar 29 10:45:06 EST 2002

Try using the -W switch to get a list of interfaces and use the -i
switch to set Snort to use the selected sniffing interface. Make sure
you are using the latest NIC drivers for your card.
-Michael Steele - michaels at ...155...
-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Naor
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 11:29 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Xp and Snort

Hello,

I've installed Snort 1.8.4 on windows xp (after installing WinPcap_2_3)
and it didn't work, it tried creating the script in d:\.... while my
installing was in c:\.....
So I installed Snort 1.8.3 and it created the script but when I test the
installation it says: OpenPcap() device open: Error opening adpter so
just to make sure it isn't a problem of the winpcap I downloaded windump
and it works alright.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?