[Snort-users] IDS & HTTPS

Ryan Johnson rjohnson at ...5432...
Fri Mar 29 07:28:06 EST 2002

    Hi everyone,

           Do any open source tools exist to terminate an ssl connection and once the traffic has been decrypted, pass it back to a regular webserver? It looks like stunnel might be able to to do this. I searched google groups and someone suggested the same idea, but I have never heard of it being implemented. Of course you can probably guess my reasoning for wanting to do this, so I can use an ids to sniff the traffic. I was told this appliance has the ability to do this http://www.f5networks.com/BIGIP5K/

Thank you in advance,

Ryan