[Snort-users] OT: Reseller Rant

Tom Sevy tsevy at ...1701...
Fri Mar 29 07:09:05 EST 2002

I don't think it really is wrong if the reseller is selling support, and has
the skills to get the solution(s) that the in-house staff don't have.  [S]he
is more/less entered into an agreement to provide labor & time and the
hardware.  What's wrong with that?

--No, I'm not a reseller of any type....

-----Original Message-----
From: F.M. Taylor [mailto:root at ...28...]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 7:54 AM
To: Bob Walder
Cc: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] OT: Reseller Rant

I beleive that as a support person, you should keep as many irons in as
many fires as possible in order to provide support for your users.  One
good thinng to do would be to use this mailing list.

HOWEVER, if you are a professional, cite your sources.  If you cut and
paste your support solutions from a public mailing list, include the
header information.  Give credit where credit is due.
Now if you read the list and just happen to remember the answer, use your
own words, don't credit anyone except your ability to learn.
If you are just "parroting" others, well, that will work for a while, but
it will catch up with you and bite you where you sit.

of course as with all things YMMV.