[Snort-users] Snort Support IPv6 address/packets method?

Turner Ryan S CONT KPWA TurnerRS at ...160...
Thu Mar 28 09:46:21 EST 2002

If you look at the packet statistics after you stop snort there is a section
called breakdown by protocol. Under that you can see the percentage of
packets that are TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc. One of those sections is IPv6 so I'm
assuming that means it understands what IPv6 packets are, I haven't worked
with snort in an IPv6 environment though.

-----Original Message-----
From: nanthan [mailto:sirus79 at ...5411...]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 5:22 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Support IPv6 address/packets method?

Hi, im using Snort as the IDS for my research and my research development
is on IPv6 environment. I think that shouldnt be a problem cause its only
the address make the difference between IPv4 and IPv6. But i need some
confirmation that Snort do also support IPv6 address method. Please do
help me...thanks

with best regards

Nanthan.R