AW: [Snort-users] SID Private Number range?

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Thu Mar 28 07:17:02 EST 2002

According to Snort User Manual page 24:

2.3.26 Sid
The sid keyword is used to identify unique Snort rules. This information
allows output plugins to identify rules easily.
See Figure 2.23for a usage example. Sid ranges are assigned as follows:

 <100 Reserved for future use
 100-1,000,000 Rules included with the Snort distribution
 >1,000,000 Used for local rules

Another drink for me ;)

HTH,
Sandro