[Snort-users] Resp and React keywords don't work?

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Wed Mar 27 17:38:04 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) wrote:

> Just upgraded to Snort 1.8.4 and I'm running on RH Linux 7.0.
>
> I noticed the new keywords resp and react, but so far when I've tried them,
> I get an error such as:
>
> "ERROR: /etc/snort/test.rules(10) => Unknown keyword "resp" in rule!"
>
> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Every other keyword I tried seemed
> to work fine.

They aren't new.  They've been around for quite awhile.

http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html#5.6

Use the FAQ, Luke.  Use the FAQ, for it will guide you on your journey.

:)

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy