[Snort-users] port 12345

Semerjian, Ohanes Semerjian.Ohanes at ...4899...
Wed Mar 27 15:58:06 EST 2002

Check this book

Network Intrusion Detection: An Analyst's Handbook
by Stephen Northcutt, Donald McLachlan, Judy Novak

New Riders Publishing; ISBN: 0735710082

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Woods [mailto:root at ...5405...]
Sent: Tuesday, 26 March 2002 6:40
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] port 12345

I have done some checking, and will do some more but, in the meanwhile, I
was
wondering if anyone has seen increased activity with regards to port 12345.
The
assigned service is something called NetBus. Does anyone have some info on
this
service and/or port or can they point me in the right direction? I am seeing
an
increasing number of probes for port 12345.

Thanks,
Dr John,
the night tripper