AW: [Snort-users] Windows Warning

freddie.soerensen at ...5413... freddie.soerensen at ...5413...
Wed Mar 27 06:53:17 EST 2002

Steve

Had this happen to me, too after installing some patches.

I re-installed WinPCap and then everything worked as before.

Hth
Freddie

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Moran [mailto:steve.moran at ...2661...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 6:28 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Windows Warning

Caution!  I run snort under w2k, last Friday I installed all the latest
service packs, hotfixes, etc, and now my pig won't snort.  It runs, but
doesn't packet capture, Not sure which one killed my pig, but I completely
reinstalled snort (took advantage and upgraded to 1.8.3 and it still won't
snort, not even in sniffer mode.  If I can figure out what killed my pig
I'll post it.