[Snort-users] Windows Warning

Wed Mar 27 06:17:10 EST 2002

Are you certain that the problem is with Windows, because Snort *does*
run on Windows 2000.

Have you checked your cables, interfaces, winpcap installation,
switching and sensor placement, etc.?  What tests have you done to
determine a root cause?
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Moran [mailto:steve.moran at ...2661...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 6:28 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Windows Warning

Caution!  I run snort under w2k, last Friday I installed all the latest
service packs, hotfixes, etc, and now my pig won't snort.  It runs, but
doesn't packet capture, Not sure which one killed my pig, but I
completely reinstalled snort (took advantage and upgraded to 1.8.3 and
it still won't snort, not even in sniffer mode.  If I can figure out
what killed my pig I'll post it.