[Snort-users] Snort dies after a few days.

Phil Wood cpw at ...440...
Tue Mar 26 09:11:08 EST 2002

All bets are off if you run RedHat.  They do it their way, tcpdump.org does
it their way, and I do it my way.

I've had some offline discussion with tcpdump.org folks.  It is unlikely
that there will be any changes to the feeble linux aspects of libpcap in
the near future.  If (on LINUX) you want large pcap files, and have no
aversion to building your own libpcap, sandwich the following:

#ifdef linux
#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64
#define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
#endif

between the test/#include for a config.h file and the next #include file.

Then recompile, and rebuild your tcpdump applications using the resulting
libpcap.a.

--
Phil Wood, cpw at ...440...