[Snort-users] MISC Large ICMP Packet alert on small ICMP packet

Bill McCarty bmccarty at ...5196...
Mon Mar 25 16:37:03 EST 2002

Hi Mark,

Yup, 1.8.3 it is. Or, rather, was: I just compiled 1.8.4. today.

Thanks for the pointer to the bug list. I hadn't seen it mentioned in the
FAQ. Some of my traffic today on compiling 1.8.4 duplicates issues
mentioned there.

For interested others, the page at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=494701&group_id=3
357&atid=103357> describes the very problem I raised, concerning large ICMP
packet alerts. I suspect that you'd intended to cite it, but the URL was
overly long and didn't survive its Internet journey.

Thanks!