[Snort-users] Rules under SNORT_1_8 cvs tag?

Mike Johnson mike at ...874...
Mon Mar 25 08:39:06 EST 2002

So, the front page of snort.org says we need to start tracking
SNORT_1_8 for rules due to the new flow stuff.  However, if I
try and grab the signatures from cvs (after a cvs login):
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort co -r SNORT_1_8 snort/rules
$

Nothing.  If I try and browse the CVS tree on sourceforge, setting
my tag to SNORT_1_8:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/snort/snort/rules/?only_with_tag=SNORT_1_8

Again, nothing, save this:
	NOTE: There are 41 files, but none match the current tag (SNORT_1_8)

Looking at it without a tag specified (which grabs HEAD, I think):
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/snort/snort/rules/

I get all the rules.

On the snapshots page (http://www.snort.org/dl/snapshots/), there's
a snapshot of the rules, but since these are built from CVS, they
have all the flow stuff.

So, other than a regex to remove the flow information, how should
we go about grabbing rules from cvs that work with 1.8?

Thanks,
Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost