[Snort-users] Rule construction

Bill McCarty bmccarty at ...5196...
Sun Mar 24 11:11:05 EST 2002

After some experimentation, it seems that the NOT operator cannot be
applied to a single flag. Instead, it applies to the entire set of
specified flags.

So, it appears that two rules must be used:

>   flags:A
>   flags:AP

This DOES work, though perhaps there's a less wordy way to accomplish the
same goal.

--On Sunday, March 24, 2002 10:15 AM -0800 Bill McCarty <bmccarty at ...5196...>