[Snort-users] ICMP Large Packets Alerts

Kevin L Pawloski kpawloski at ...5338...
Fri Mar 22 11:31:18 EST 2002

I'm receiving a flood of alerts from Digital Island that pings my DNS
servers. This ping comes in from 100+ different IPs all owned by Digital
Island who own the datacenter I have a few boxes in. Is there a way to
filter out packets with this beginning in them for Snort?

mailto:ops at ...3759... for questions    This ICMP ECHO REQUEST/REPLY is
part of the real-time network monitoring performed by Digital Island Inc.
 It is not an attack.  If you havequestions please contact
ops at ...3759...

Thanks!

Kevin

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!