[Snort-users] Linux Snort Stealth Interface Help Request

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Thu Mar 21 15:35:02 EST 2002

"Mark Gannon" <markgannon at ...5364...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having difficulty implementing a stealth inteface per Snort FAQs 3.1 and
>
> 3.2 on a Linux (SuSE 7.3 with kernel 2.4.14) system using a regular straight
>
> through cable.   I start snort and no traffic is displayed to stdout even
> though another interface on the same segment shows traffic via tcpdump.

> Eth1 is connected to a Netgear Dual Speed Hub (DS 106) that has a link light

Is the traffic that you are monitoring at 10 or 100. You can't do
both. I really wish the Netgear 100bt-only hub was more popular
because thats the most common problem.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
Eschew obfuscation.